Changing job's coordinate type
Question: The job was initially set up for grid
coordinates and points have been computed, but now I want to
continue working in geographic.
Answer: Firstly note:
- Points are always stored with the coordinate type as defined
for the job - for example, geographic coordinates imported to a job
defined as grid projection will be converted to grid
- Repeated conversion between types within the same set of data
may result in loss of coordinate precision.
To convert a job:
- Select Job Configuration
- Change between Grid Projection and Geographic -
Datum and Spheroid MUST NOT be changed!
- Select Reset (fix) Bounds in the View menu (displays a
message indicating the number of points converted)
- If converting from Geographic to Grid, points will still be
displayed as geographic at this stage - Select Plot
Geographic in the View menu and un-tick to display as